Passionate and experienced in the field of 3D character and creature development for cinematics and games with excellent organizational, problem-solving and communication skills.
I love the challenge of trying to create the most dynamic and compelling art I can, as efficiently and economically as possible. I'm also a well-trained sculptor, specializing in human and animal anatomy.
I have also experienced a variety of production environments, from large scale AAA studios, to smaller indie teams, to film and previs studios, both on site and remote. All of which have given me great insight into the many facets and dimensions of game development.
My resume is attached below if you would like additional information. Thank you for taking the time to view my portfolio.
• 3 years experience as 3D character artist working for game and film studios.
• Strong ability in bringing to life 3D characters from a 2D concept art
• Experience mentoring, teaching
• Ability to model and sculpt anatomically correct human and animal characters and character assets.
• Able to process scan data, clean and retopologize for texturing.
• Ability to work in variety of art styles, from highly stylized to hyper-realistic.
• Organic, hard-surface and environment modeling
• Expert knowledge of real-time next-gen shaders, Normal mapping techniques and shading, unwrapping clean UV and hand-painted textures.
• Traditional 2D and 3D art background.
• Tools used: Maya, Zbrush, Mudbox, 3DS Max, Photoshop, Marvelous Designer, TopoGun, Substance Painter, Mari.
• Lighting and rendering with VRay, Mental Ray, Arnold, Redshift Marmoset and Unreal 4 and 5.
As a Character Artist at Sledgehammer, I strive to push the quality in my modeling, texturing in characters for AAA games. I work closely with other members in my team to improve workflows. At SHG I work with scans, create game ready topology, and texture them to meet and surpass quality.
I was responsible for modeling and texturing with a painterly and stylized aesthetic to match according to concepts and direction provided for an unannounced AAA title. I also helped mentor and help with direction to hit the desired look and meet deadlines.
I am responsible for providing characters ready for Unreal engine. More specifically, I often had to match the likeness of the actor. I also build vehicles and props from modeling to baking and setting up materials in engine.
I am responsible for providing assets required for the completion of shots for feature films including texturing, modeling, look development, UVing, scan cleanup for digi doubles, curve creation for FX, scene layout, retopologizing.
I was responsible for completing a 3D character sculpts for 3D printing based on 2D concepts and/or previous 3D models. Often times I would clean and/or improve upon previously made geometry. I would optimize my models to meet specifications required for printing.